Sunshine Bread Sdn Bhd
Personal Data Protection Notice (the “Notice”)
- is being processed wholly or partly by means of equipment operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose;
- is recorded with the intention that it should wholly or partly be processed by means of such equipment; or
- is recorded as part of a relevant filing system or with the intention that it should form part of a relevant filing system,
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in online or hardcopy forms when applying for the Company’s products and services or feedback (i.e. surveys), asking queries, requests and other submissions;
- If and when you contact the Company (i.e. telephone calls, emails and face to face meetings), we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- If you enter into any contract with the Company or purchase any products or services from the Company;
- If you make contact with any of our authorized representatives, agents and partners, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- If and when you respond to any of the Company‘s marketing promotions, newsletters and other communication materials;
- If you participate in any exhibition, event or workshop organised by the Company or where the Company is a participant;
- When you participate in any lucky draws, competitions, events and/or workshops organized by or administered by the Company;
- When you fill up online and/or hardcopy job application forms to apply for a job at the Company;
- When you fill in or update your information with us, which may include your names and contact details;
- When you provide or submit to us any contents or documents;
- When you submit to us any messages or comments in whatever manner.
- Full name;
- Business and/or residential addresses;
- Business and/or personal email addresses;
- Mobile and business telephone numbers;
- Bank account details, if necessary;
- NRIC/ID/Passport numbers and copies, if necessary;
- Work permit information, if necessary;
- Voice, photos and CCTV images/ videos, if applicable;
- Social media accounts information and handles, if necessary;
- Date of Birth;
- Marital Status;
- Educational and employment history and professional qualifications, including testimonials and references;
- Medical, legal and financial history;
- Next of Kin, family and/or emergency contact information;
- Curricula Vitae, if any.
We may use and process the Personal Data we collect from you for our business and/or other relevant activities which may include, without limitation, any of the following purposes:
Where you are a customer:
- to perform our obligations in respect of any contracts entered into with you;
- to provide you with any services or products you have requested;
- to process and validate your orders or request for services or products;
- to process payments relating to any services or products you requested;
- to analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- to make such disclosure as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law;
- to organise or administer lucky draws, competitions, events and workshops and administration and distribution of prizes to prize winners; and/or
- any other purposes relating or incidental to the above.
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider:
- for purposes of engaging you to provide the services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by our group of companies in order to engage you;
- to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided;
- to contact you or your company;
- to make such disclosure as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law; and/or
- any other purposes relating or incidental to the above.
Where you are a job applicant, an employee or an officer of the Company:
- processing your applications, including conducting background checks and evaluation purposes to determine job suitability;
- for purposes of the contract of service or such other contract as may have been entered into between you and the Company for the purpose of your employment or engagement;
- where applicable, work permit / visa application;
- personnel/employee administration, payroll administration, work and general business purposes;
- determining and reviewing salaries, remuneration, incentives, bonuses and other benefits;
- for consideration of promotion, career development, training, secondment or transfer, performance monitoring, health and safety administration and security and access control;
- contacting or communicating with you or sending of general notices or memos;
- for internal record keeping as may be required by law or under relevant regulatory bodies;
- monitoring compliance with internal rules and policies and guidelines;
- complying with the compliance and disclosure requirements of any and all governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies and/or other relevant authorities;
- to enforce our rights under the applicable laws, including but not limited to taking of disciplinary action or actions relating to your employment or engagement; and/or
- any other purposes relating to the above.
- to enable the Company‘s subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with the Company;
- to conduct credit assessments and other background checks;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes set out in this Notice;
- for internal administrative and record keeping purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database and records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for accident and insurance reporting and assessment purposes;
- where required by law or where we consider that such use or disclosure is necessary, to respond to any claims or legal process;
- where third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquires in relation to acquiring an interest in any entities within our group of companies;
- to respond to governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies or departments;
- for security, safety surveillance and monitoring purposes, including contact tracing purposes; and/or
- for us to comply with our obligations under applicable laws or regulations, or as may be required for any of the above purposes,
and you agree and consent to the Company using and processing your Personal Data for the above purposes and in the manner stated in this Notice.
We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including but not limited to via email, telephone numbers and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, browsing our website or continue engaging with us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers and the processing of your Personal Data by these agents or service providers for the purpose and in the manner set out in this Notice.
We only collect, process, use or disclose such Personal Data, in accordance with this Notice. If you are acting as an intermediary, or otherwise on behalf of a third party, or supply us with information regarding a third party, you undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained consent from such third party to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. As we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this Notice (by referring them to our website or otherwise).
You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data for the above-mentioned purposes and agree to be bound by the obligations it imposes on you, when you accept this Notice. You are deemed to accept this Notice when you continue to browse the Company’s website or continuing to communicate or engage with the Company.
If you do not consent to us processing your Personal Data for any of the purposes or in the manner described in this Notice, please notify us through the contact details set out in Paragraph 9 below. In the absence of such notification, we will proceed accordingly on the basis of this Notice.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. You are also requested to inform us should there be any changes to the Personal Data that you had submitted to us. We will assume that the information you have provided or will provide to us is complete, accurate, up to date, true and correct unless you inform us to the contrary. When information related to any third party is provided to us, we shall assume that such information is accurate, up to date and complete and that you have obtained the necessary consent and authorisation to disclose such information.
Failure on your part to supply (and updating) the relevant Personal Data to us may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above purposes, the Company may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our related corporations, affiliates, governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies, auditors, professional advisers, banks, licensees, business partners, franchisees, service providers and/or the relevant authorities (who may be located within or outside Malaysia) as well as other third party(ies) that you have requested or authorised us to disclose your personal data for any purposes related to the above purposes.
On occasion, we may use third party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your Personal Data as outlined under this Notice (including under Paragraph 3 “What purposes does the Company Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?”). You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on the Company’s website or continuing to communicate or engage with the Company.
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected and/or such longer retention period as required or permitted by law. We may retain archived Personal Data for statistical analysis. Personal Data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
Your Personal Data may be stored on servers located within or outside Malaysia (including at our Singapore offices and on cloud servers/services hosted by Microsoft) and operated by our service providers within or outside Malaysia. The Company will ensure that there are appropriate security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Data and treat all such Personal Data in accordance with the provisions of the PDPA. All electronic storage and transmission of Personal Data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
As reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all Personal Data will be so protected, the Company will not be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications. Your Personal Data will only be disclosed and processed for the purpose stated in this Notice and will not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
Due to the nature of our business, we may transfer your Personal Data to our related corporations (which may be located out of Malaysia) or third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia. The Company will not transfer your Personal Data unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under PDPA.
You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described in this Notice.
You may contact us should you wish to have access to or seek to update, correct or withdraw the consent to collect and use your Personal Data through the contact details set out in Paragraph 9 below. Your email should identify yourself and state which Personal Data and information about its use and/or disclosure is requested.
Subject to the applicable laws, we will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible.
In accordance with the PDPA, we reserve the right to refuse to comply with your request for access or correction of your Personal Data for reasons permitted under the law.
The Company reserves the right to change this Notice with or without notice from time to time and will make the updated statement available on our website.